Our lawyers, ranked by leading international directories, have advised on over 300 deals, projects and disputes the aggregate value of which exceeds 80 billion US dollars, in over 170 jurisdictions worldwide, speaking 6 languages.
deals, projects, disputes
Rybalkin, Gortsunyan & Partners is an independent law firm established in 2018 in Russia, supporting clients from all over the world in their business dealings involving Russia and CIS countries. Our firm offers unparalleled expertise in foreign legal matters to Russian companies with significant international presence.
We are a cohesive team of seasoned professionals, highly ranked in all aspects of dispute resolution and corporate work and with significant international expertise, gained in leading international law firms.
Our lawyers have worked on the largest corporate deals, investigations and disputes in the history of modern Russia and represented Russian companies in over 170 jurisdictions worldwide.
We have summarised below our approach and the main reasons why clients chose to work with our team:
- Some of the best contests are those that have never happened – we work diligently, thoughtfully and tenaciously to assist the parties to achieve a reasonable compromise
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way – we work creatively, proactively and meticulously on each task, no matter how challenging
- Don’t beat about the bush – we are not afraid to be unpleasant or to appear aggressive when required
- In a conflict one needs to know how to attack fast and to defend steadfastly – we have been on both sides of a conflict and know what to do and can traditionally predict what to expect
- There is power in the truth – we speak in a direct and open manner to our clients just as we expect from them and we are not afraid to say ‘no’
- Leave no stone unturned – we believe there is no superfluous information, so in our review of information we are usually able to locate potential by finding something that others thought to be redundant
- All’s well that ends well – conflict is a process, but it needs to end with some specific, hopefully quick and reasonable result
- Give me a fulcrum, and I will move the world – we always look for new ways to approach an instruction. We usually start our work with asking a client to introduce us to background and key facts of a case and even other counsel’s work product. We are then typically able to offer new ideas by looking at the world through fresh eyes
- From soup to nuts – we manage our cases throughout and offer ‘turnkey’ solutions to our clients who trust us to engage other specialists whose expertise or skill could benefit the case, such as PR and image consultants, court experts, forensic accountants, IT experts, lobbyists and government relations specialists, investigative consultants, foreign studies experts and translators
- We do not do everything and we do only what we do well
We offer a unique mix of high-end dispute resolution capability with unrivalled corporate practice, with our two core practices mutually enriching each other:
- our founding partners and other senior lawyers are consistently highly ranked in international legal directories, such as Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, Best Lawyers and Legal 500
- our lawyers have the comprehensive cultural and language skills to tackle assignments in any part of the world
- our founding partners and special counsel have over 20 years’ experience in the Russian market, including over 10 years each as partners in major law firms in Moscow
- our dispute resolution team has first-hand experience of working in litigation and arbitration proceedings in over 20 jurisdictions and on all five continents
- our corporate team has in depth experience of working on deals and projects of a combined value exceeding US$ 80 billion in over 170 jurisdictions globally