Varvara Voynova (née Puzyrkova) is a counsel with RGP. Varvara’s practice focuses primarily on international arbitration and dispute resolution matters, although she has been involved in a substantial number of mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining RGP Varvara worked as an associate with Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld.
Landmark engagement experience
- Representing Renova Group and Viktor Vekselberg in a US$1 billion commercial litigation case in the British Virgin Islands regarding a joint venture in respect of a domestic Russian electric power generation business. The dispute focuses on disagreements as to the terms of the joint venture and also involves claims of fraud, conspiracy and misrepresentation
- Representing Renova Industries Ltd in two arbitration proceedings in the ICC
Mergers and acquisitions
- Representing Renova/Access Industries on a sophisticated transaction relating to the $800 million acquisition of shares in major Russian electricity producers TGK-6 and TKG-7 with the Russian state-run electricity generation giant Inter RAO UES as the deal counterparty
- Advising Garsdale on the US$657.3 million sale of 50% of the shares in Lefbord, a former joint venture between Garsdale and MegaFon, to MegaFon, a leading Russian telecommunications operator
- Representing Coalco Development on the sale of a 50% interest in the White Square Class A office and retail complex in central Moscow for US$400 million
- Conducting due diligence of Russian companies in the oil and gas, retail, telecoms, electric power and real estate sectors
- DL Moscow State University, 2011
- Russia (2011)