Prior to joining RGP, Maria worked as a paralegal at the Moscow office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton. Maria’s practice focuses on dispute resolution. She also has experience in advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and capital markets.
Landmark engagement experience
- Representing PJSC Tatneft in USD 380 million English litigation proceedings in the High Court against four Ukrainian oligarchs – Messrs. Igor Kolomoysky, Gennady Bogolyubov, Pavel Ovcharenko and Alexander Yaroslavsky – in relation to huge and complex alleged cross-border fraudulent activities;
- Advising major oil company in connection with enforcement of an investment arbitral award on the territory of Russia;
- Advising two major Russian transport holdings in connection with merger;
- Advising two major production companies on USD 100 billion multijurisdictional merger.
- LLB St Petersburg State University, 2017
- Master of Laws, Higher School of Economics (Moscow), cum laude, 2019
- Russia (2017)