“Rising star in the Russian market”. “A diligent, fierce litigator who is absolutely fantastic in court”. Clients and the legal press
Yuri is a counsel at RGP Dispute Resolution practice, focusing on litigation and arbitration in Russia, including commercial, real estate, construction and corporate disputes, bankruptcy, debt recovery and administrative disputes. Yuri represented major foreign and local clients in more than 400 cases in state arbitrazh, general jurisdiction courts and international arbitration tribunals. Yuri is a member of the Russian national committee of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR; and a Committee member of Moscow Commercial Litigators’ Forum.
Prior to joining RGP Yuri worked at the leading Russian and international law firms. During the last ten years Yuri was working at Dechert where he supervised all of the Russian dispute resolution work of its Moscow office for the last 3 years.
Yuri was named one of top ten young arbitration practitioners by the Russian Arbitration Association in 2015-2017, named as a “Next Generation Lawyer” for Litigation by The Legal 500 EMEA (2017-2019) and included in the list of recommended lawyers for litigation by Best Lawyers, Russia (2018-2019).
Landmark engagement experience
- Representing a leading Turkish construction company in regard to US$200 million ICC disputes regarding construction and fit-out works in a business center in Moscow and before the ICAC with regard to the construction of a stadium in Donetsk, Ukraine (amount in dispute is approximately US$100 million);
- Defending a metallurgical plant in the arbitration proceedings before the SCC against a Chinese contractor in a dispute valued at US$200 million regarding construction of a rolling mill in Chelyabinsk;
- Advising Russian shareholders in several US$ multibillion LCIA disputes and lawsuits in Cyprus relating to the construction of the legendary hotel Moskva (now Four Seasons Hotel Moscow);
- Representing a U.S. investment company in an employment dispute with its former top-manager before the AAA and Russian courts;
- Consulting a group of Eurobond noteholders (the amount of claims worth approximately US$240 million) on a restructuring and potential enforcement proceedings against a Russian leading transportation and logistics company controlling the Commercial Port of Vladivostok following defaults on two Eurobond issues.
- Advising a UK-headquartered multinational oil and gas company in a number of disputes in Siberia totaling approximately US$500 million against a minority shareholder with respect to control over a major Russian oil company;
- Advising a major German bank in a number of disputes against one of the largest agricultural companies in the CIS and its subsidiaries following a US$300 million default under English law governed facility agreements;
- Representing a U.S. government corporation in bankruptcy proceedings of top Russian banks – International Industrial Bank and AMT Bank (the amount of claims worth approximately US$200 million);
- Representing an owner of a luxurious Swissôtel hotel in a dispute against a minority shareholder resulting from a mandatory tender offer for shares worth over US$180 million;
- Representing a shareholder of a major Russian private energy supply company in a number of disputes with other shareholders over control of the company with an annual turnover of approximately US$8 billion;
- Representing a US shareholder of two Russian cartridge plants in corporate disputes regarding challenge of exclusive distribution agreements and supply agreements regarding the sale of cartridge to the US (amount in dispute is approximately US$400 million);
- Defending Russian subsidiaries of an Austrian largest retail holding in more than 35 disputes and a number of bankruptcy proceedings, which related to the misappropriation of certain retail assets in more than 30 supermarkets in Moscow and Tula worth tens of millions of dollars and the pledge of those assets to top Russian banks;
- Representing a leading Turkish construction company with obtaining asset-freezing orders from Russian courts in aid of proceedings before the ICC Court of Arbitration;
- Representing a top Greek bank in a number of high-profile disputes before Russian courts with respect to the foreclosure over land plots as well as in subsequent bankruptcy proceedings of Russian subsidiaries of a Greek development conglomerate following a EUR40 million default under Greek law governed facility agreement;
- Representing a major German construction company in dozens of disputes arising out of initiation of bankruptcy proceedings against its subsidiary in Russia and a case for bringing it for secondary liability for subsidiary’s debts;
- Representing several Russian subsidiaries of one of one of the world’s largest FMG companies in a high-profile insurance dispute resulting from a collapse of a warehouse in the Lipetsk Region (amount in dispute is approximately US$50 million).
- Moscow State Linguistic University, Law Degree, magna cum laude, 2006.
- Russia (2006)
Recognitions & Awards
Chambers Global 2016-2019 – recommended for Dispute Resolution.
Chambers Europe 2016-2019 – recommended for Dispute Resolution.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2012-2013, 2015-2019 – recommended for Litigation in Russia; in 2017-2019 named as a “Next Generation Lawyer”.
Best Lawyers 2018-2019 – included in the list of recommended lawyers for litigation in Russia.
2015-2017 – named one of top ten young arbitration practitioners by the Russian Arbitration Association.