Our team members have extensive experience in representing clients in major investment treaty arbitrations.
Members of our team have represented, among others, clients in the following arbitration proceedings:
- Representing a prominent Russian businessman in BIT arbitration proceedings against a Baltic country, to protect his investments in the financial sector.
- Representing the Russian Federation in a US$1 billion tax dispute arising out of a production sharing agreement.
- Representing Saint-Petersburg in a dispute on termination of a concession agreement and recovery of losses amounting to RUR 500 million.
- Representing the Fund for Protection of Investors’ Rights in Foreign States in ad hoc arbitration against Lithuania under UNCITRAL rules.
- Representing a Russian investor in a US$500 million dispute related to metallurgical asset expropriation in the territory of an Eastern European state.
- Advising one of the largest Russian mobile network operators on the matters of investment arbitration against a Central Asian state.
- Advising a US investor and preparing a pre-arbitration claim in a dispute related to aviation asset expropriation in the territory of a member state of the CIS.
- Advising a Russian investor in a dispute related to petrochemical assets expropriation in the territory of a member state of the CIS.
How to find us:
Rybalkin, Gortsunyan & Partners LLC
Entrance C, 5th Floor,
2, Tsvetnoy Boulevard,
Landline: +7 495 139 6500
Fax: +7 495 139 6501