Our team members have extensive experience in handling arbitral proceedings at LCIA, ICC, SCC, and other international forums.
Members of our team have represented, among others, clients in the following arbitration proceedings:
- Representing Renova Industries, one of the Alfa-Access-Renova consortium members, on strategic issues related to a shareholder dispute with BP connected with the announced Arctic deal-and-share swap.
- Representing a leading private equity firm in a New York-seated arbitration and also before the US courts to enforce certain rights linked to a number of funding and financing arrangements worth circa US$400 million.
- Representing a Russian mining company in a landmark victory through the annulment by the Swiss Federal Supreme Court of a multimillion-dollar arbitration award against the company.
- Representing a major Russian metallurgical plant in arbitration before the SCC against a Chinese contractor in a dispute valued at US$200 million regarding the construction of a rolling mill in Chelyabinsk.
- Representing Russian businessmen and their companies in several multibillion-dollar LCIA arbitrations and lawsuits in Cyprus relating to the construction of the legendary hotel Moskva (now Four Seasons Hotel Moscow).
- Representing a leading Turkish development and construction company before the ICC Court of Arbitration with regard to construction and fit-out works in an iconic development (White Square Office Centre) in Moscow (amount in dispute approximately US$200 million).
- Representing an aviation distributor in arbitration proceedings under the rules of the Swiss Chambers’ Arbitration Institution in a dispute on termination of a contract.
- Representing a Russian atomic energy corporation in a dispute under the ICC rules arising out of a supply contract in connection with construction of a nuclear power station.
- Representing a Russian concern in a dispute under the ICC rules with respect to a subcontractor’s claim seeking compensation for idle time in connection with construction of a nuclear power station abroad.
- Representing a Russian customer in a dispute under the SCC rules in connection with the services involving supervision of the commissioning and start-up of equipment.
- Representing one of the largest EPC companies servicing the oil and gas sector in arbitration proceedings arising out of a shipyard’s claim seeking to recover approximately RUB 350 million for the construction of an offshore drilling platform substructure.
- Advising a Russian client in a shareholders’ dispute in Stockholm under the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC) rules, as well as coordinating parallel court proceedings in the BVI and Cyprus seeking injunctions in aid of the arbitration.
- Representing a contractor in a dispute with one of the leading European telecommunication companies before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC).
- Representing Avtotor, an automobile manufacturing group of companies, in arbitration proceedings in Stockholm under the ICC rules.
- Advising a major Russian telecommunication company in a dispute in New York under the AAA rules.
- Representing Alfred C. Toepfer GmbH, a German grain trading firm, in international commercial arbitration proceedings under the GAFTA rules in connection with defence in parallel proceedings initiated by the respondent in the Arbitrazh Court of the Krasnodar Krai.
- Representing a petrochemical company in arbitration proceedings under the SCC rules in a dispute arising out of a transhipment contract.
- Advising a Russian contractor and a design institute in arbitration proceedings under the SIAC rules with respect to a dispute on the recovery of debt arising out of a construction contract.
- Representing a Danish agro-industrial holding in arbitration proceedings under the SCC rules with respect to a dispute arising out of a purchase and sale agreement.
- Representing a Russian state-owned company in arbitration under LCIA rules in connection with a dispute arising out of a purchase and sale agreement.
How to find us:
Rybalkin, Gortsunyan & Partners LLC
Entrance B, 5th Floor,
2, Tsvetnoy Boulevard,
Landline: +7 495 139 6500
Fax: +7 495 139 6501