Nato Tskhakaya is a counsel and the head of our Antitrust & Competition practice. Nato has many years’ experience in antitrust laws and regulations and advising clients on M&A transactions and infrastructure projects. Among Nato’s clients are major Russian and international oil and gas companies, investment funds, and diversified holdings.
Nato’s practice focuses on antitrust and competition issues, corporate governance issues, mergers and acquisitions, and infrastructure projects.
Nato is a member of the Association of Antitrust Experts.
Prior to joining RGP, Nato was a partner at Danilov & Partners law firm, and before that, she worked at international law firms Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and Salans.
Landmark engagement experience
- Representing Caterpillar in connection with obtaining the FAS Russia’s approval for its US$7.6 billion acquisition of Bucyrus, a leading manufacturer of mining equipment
- Advising Baker Hughes in connection with obtaining the approval of the Russian Government Commission on Monitoring Foreign Investment for a merger with a global competitor
- Developing and implementing an antitrust compliance system for a major international oilfield services company
- Advising a global oil and gas drilling company on antitrust compliance issues in connection with its restructuring in Russia
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company before the FAS Russia in connection with a competitor’s complaint regarding unfair advertising by our client
- Advising a large Russian private oil company in connection with entering into a contract for the design, manufacture and supply of equipment with a US supplier for the construction of a liquid helium plant
- Advising a large Russian private oil company on the implementation of its US$2.3 billion gas cycling project at the Yarakta oil and gas condensate field, including its cooperation with Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan) in connection with the construction of a polymer plant
- Advising a large private oil company on amending the terms of an investment agreement with a leading international investment bank
- Advising one of the largest international oilfield services companies on the sale of its operating assets to a Russian state-owned oil company for US$100 million
- Advising a Moscow private equity fund in connection with the establishment of a joint venture for the construction and management of a coal terminal in a sea port in Primorsky Krai
- LLM, Duke University School of Law, 2010
- DL, Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2007
- Russia, 2007
- Advocate, 2021
Recognitions & Awards
- The Best Lawyers 2020 - 2021 - ranked among the top Competition & Antitrust, Construction lawyers in Russia
- Pravo.ru-300 - recommended lawyers in Competition Law (including disputes)