Nato Tskhakaya is a counsel and the head of our Antitrust & Competition practice. Nato has many years’ experience in antitrust laws and regulations and advising clients on M&A transactions and infrastructure projects. Among Nato’s clients are major Russian and international oil and gas companies, investment funds, and diversified holdings.
Prior to joining RGP, Nato was a partner at Danilov & Partners law firm, and before that, she worked at international law firms Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and Salans.
Nato’s practice focuses on antitrust and competition issues, corporate governance issues, mergers and acquisitions, and infrastructure projects.
Landmark engagement experience
- Representing Caterpillar in connection with obtaining the FAS Russia’s approval for its US$7.6 billion acquisition of Bucyrus, a leading manufacturer of mining equipment
- Advising Baker Hughes in connection with obtaining the approval of the Russian Government Commission on Monitoring Foreign Investment for a merger with a global competitor
- Developing and implementing an antitrust compliance system for a major international oilfield services company
- Advising a global oil and gas drilling company on antitrust compliance issues in connection with its restructuring in Russia
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company before the FAS Russia in connection with a competitor’s complaint regarding unfair advertising by our client
- Advising a large Russian private oil company in connection with entering into a contract for the design, manufacture and supply of equipment with a US supplier for the construction of a liquid helium plant
- Advising a large Russian private oil company on the implementation of its US$2.3 billion gas cycling project at the Yarakta oil and gas condensate field, including its cooperation with Toyo Engineering Corporation (Japan) in connection with the construction of a polymer plant
- Advising a large private oil company on amending the terms of an investment agreement with a leading international investment bank
- Advising one of the largest international oilfield services companies on the sale of its operating assets to a Russian state-owned oil company for US$100 million
- Advising a Moscow private equity fund in connection with the establishment of a joint venture for the construction and management of a coal terminal in a sea port in Primorsky Krai
- LL.M, Duke University School of Law, 2010
- D.L., Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2007
- Russia, 2007