Vsevolod Taraskin is a senior associate with RGP’s Dispute Resolution practice.
Prior to joining RGP, Vsevolod worked as a senior associate with the Litigation & Arbitration practice of one of the largest Russian law firms. Performed successfully as a trainee at Boies Schiller Flexner LLP London office in 2019. His professional experience also includes a position as a legal advisor at LUKOIL oil company. Vsevolod is a co-author of numerous articles on investment arbitration and the Russian arbitration process published in leading law periodicals.
Landmark engagement experience
- Representing the Russian Federation in a US$1 billion tax dispute arising out of a production sharing agreement
- Representing Client in an international arbitration against a sovereign state under the ICSID AF Rules
- Representing a Russian management company in commercial arbitration proceedings under the ICAC Rules in a dispute with a CIS state related to the recovery of damages from improper fulfilment of the terms of a sovereign guarantee
- Representing a Russian investor in a US$500 million dispute related to metallurgical asset expropriation in the territory of an Eastern European state
- Advising a top-tier Russian telecom provider regarding an investment dispute against a Central Asian state
- Representing a TOP-3 Russian pension fund and its asset management companies in multiple disputes against state-owned banks and the Central Bank of the Russian Federation in Russian commercial courts
- Representing a UAE investor in a dispute over JV with a Russian construction group in Russian courts and parallel LCIA arbitration
- Representing a Russian investor in an ad hoc arbitration against Lithuania under the UNCITRAL Rules
- J.D. (International and European Law), Perm State University, 2010
- Master of Laws (with honours), Pericles Law Center for International Legal Education, 2014
- Summer Arbitration Program (top score), American University Washington College of Law, 2017
- Russia, 2010
- Attorney, member of the Moscow Bar Association, 2017