Maria is a сounsel at RGP IP litigation practice. Maria has a problem-solving mind set being innovative and forward-looking lawyer with over 10 years’ experience in IPMT work. Being a multi-functional IP lawyer, Maria advises clients from such industries as fashion and luxuries, automotive, cybersecurity, technology, media & entertainment, food, retail, biotech & life sciences, as well as the Internet and E-commerce.
Prior to joining RGP Maria was an associate at Hogan Lovells.
Maria has wide and diversified experience in handling various IPMT issues in Russia and the CIS, including copyright, patent and trademark advice, IP regulatory and strategy advice, personal data protection and licensing advice, while she specializes on various IP infringements, including copyright, industrial design and trademark infringement, anti-counterfeiting issues, unfair competition, parallel importation, domain name issues and customs recordals in Russia and the CIS. Depending on peculiarities of a particular case, Maria defends clients’ interests in different non-litigation and litigation processes (administrative, criminal and civil) in connection with IP issues.
Maria is a co-author of a Textbook “Intellectual Property Law” for Academic bachelor’s degree at Kutafin Moscow State Law University (Urait publishing, Moscow, 2016), as well as of several articles, including “Comparative legal analysis of copyright and related rights accounting systems in Russia and the USA” (Bulletin of the Kutafin Moscow State Law University, Moscow, 06/2017), “Protection against illegal use of a trademark as part of a domain name and in website content” (Prospect, Moscow, 12/2016), “Foreign economic activity of an entrepreneur: import of goods – how to avoid infringement of IP rights?” (Online magazine of IP court of Russia, Moscow, 03/2015).
Landmark engagement experience
Below is Maria’s highlighted experience (including her experience from prior firms):
- Advising Etalon Group, one of the Russia’s top 10 major developers, in connection with the acquisition of a 35% shareholding in QB Technology, a UK-based innovative construction company and acquiring a set of IP rights in order to establish a similar hi-tech construction project in Russia
- Support of an American multinational technology company, that specializes in Internet-related services and products, including search engine, cloud computing, software and hardware, being one of the “Big Five” in the industry, on user support issues, communications with government agencies, legal entities and individuals in connection with various IP infringements
- Advising and representing before courts and state authorities the world's largest US-based toy company on various anti-counterfeiting issues, involving copyright and trademark infringement CIS-wide
- Handling various IP infringement cases (online and offline) for a family-owned company based in Billund, Denmark, and best known for the manufacture of construction toys in Russia and the CIS countries, representing before Russian customs, police, antimonopoly authorities, handle administrative, criminal court proceedings, advising on trademark and copyright customs recordals, advising on regulatory issues in Russia, domain name infringement issues, etc
- Arranging customs recordals in Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan for a Japanese multinational electronics and electrical equipment company and handling various anti-counterfeiting and parallel import matters, advising company on data protection aspects
- Advising the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives on IP rights protection matters CIS-wide, handling numerous administrative and criminal court proceedings, arranging trademark customs recordals in the EEU, handling various IP contentious and non-contentious matters including anti-counterfeiting actions in relation to wide range of products, including oil, spare parts, heavy technic and soft goods
- Assisting a Swedish multinational retail-clothing company with licensing work, maintain trademark customs recordals, handle anti-counterfeiting work in Russia and other CIS countries
- Representing an American multinational e-commerce corporation, that facilitates C2C and B2C sales through its website in court proceeding with its client and achieving confidential and mutual termination of court proceeding
- Arranging trademark customs recordals for the world leading importer and distributor of elite alcohol of high-class brands
- Advising a French independent pharmaceutical company on anti-counterfeiting and parallel importation issues, advising on customs protection
- Advising a British multinational healthcare company on Russian customs recordals and anti-counterfeiting issues
- Developing a strategy to protect IP rights and taking anti-counterfeiting measures and brand protection in Russia and the CIS for an international food and beverages manufacturer headquartered in Japan
- Representing an American corporation which designs and manufactures advanced cutting systems such as plasma cutting machinery and related high-technology industrial applications for specific use before the Russian customs and advising on trademark customs recordals issues
- Advising a European company which distributes innovative and high-quality valves and fittings for potable water and sewage pipe systems on customs recordals in Russia and anti-counterfeiting work
- Yale School of Management, Executive Education, Women's Leadership Program, 2021
- Pericles Law Center for International Legal Education, Sports Law, 2017
- Pericles Law Center for International Legal Education, Legal English, 2013
- Kutafin Moscow State Law University, 2013
- The Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities, Defectology Faculty, 2005
- Russia, 2013