Vladimir is a partner with RGP’s Arbitration practice and an attorney. Vladimir focuses on complex international commercial, corporate, financial and investment arbitrations, including complex cross-jurisdictional disputes with parallel proceedings both in state courts of various jurisdictions and in international commercial and investment arbitration institutions. He has an extensive experience in handling arbitration processes under the rules of various arbitration institutions as well as proceedings to recognize and enforce foreign judgments and arbitral awards. Furthermore, Vladimir is an acknowledged expert in debt recovery, bankruptcy and restructuring, including cases with international aspect. He represents his clients from a number of industries, including gas and oil, retail, telecommunications, construction, and other.
Prior to joining RPG, Vladimir acted as a counsel with the Litigation & Arbitration practice of a leading law firm for several years. His has an excellent track record of multiple successful cases both in Russia and many other jurisdictions and international institutions. Before that, Vladimir held the position of a general counsel at a major Russian industrial holding. His responsibilities included ensuring legal support for the company’s commercial projects, in particular, with regard to corporate, tax and antitrust law issues, and providing legal advice on securing exemptions, benefits and state support.
Landmark engagement experience
- Representing a nationalized Irish bank in Russian bankruptcy proceedings, corporate disputes, real estate disputes and parallel litigations and arbitrations in Ukraine, Ireland, Panama, and Belize
- Representing a foreign shareholder of the largest Russian retail company in a corporate dispute considered in Russian courts, LCIA, and BVI court proceedings
- Representing a Client in an international investment dispute under the ICSID AF rules against a sovereign state
- Representing a major Russian pension fund in a dispute over bankruptcy before a Russian court
- Representing a contractor in a dispute with one of the leading European telecommunication companies before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
- Advising a Russian client in a shareholders’ dispute in Stockholm under the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC) Rules, as well as coordinating parallel court proceedings in the BVI and Cyprus seeking injunctions in aid of the arbitration
- Supporting a Russian state-owned corporation in its dispute concerning the ownership and management of an investment fund in a Cypriot court
- Advising a global commodities trading company on the enforcement of a FOSFA arbitral award issued in favour of our client and related to the recovery of damages from a Russian grain trading company
- Representing a TOP-3 Russian pension fund and its asset management companies in multiple disputes against state-owned banks and the Central Bank of the Russian
- International Law School of Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), 2000
- LL.M., German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarship, Philipps-Universität Marburg, 1999
- Russia, 2000
- Attorney, member of the Moscow Bar Association, 2015