Vadim Kukushkin is our team leader on tax issues in our Corporate practice. His practice focuses on tax and finance issues for corporate and finance transactions, particularly in relation to cross-border mergers and acquisitions and project finance. He performs financial and tax due diligence in the course of sales and acquisitions of Russian companies. He also advises multinational and Russian companies on Russian and international tax issues, including tax-efficient structuring of investments in Russia; and tax structuring of business operations in Russia; as well as financial reporting issues.
Prior to joining RGP Vadim was a senior adviser to Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, and, prior to that worked as a counsel at major international consulting and law firms in Moscow.
Landmark engagement experience
- Advising several major industrial groups on deoffshorisation-related issues
- Advising on tax issues in connection with the purchase of shares in a top Russian telecommunication holding
- Advising on tax issues in connection with the sale of shares in a top Russian insurance company
- Advising on tax issues in connection with the sale of business by a leading international automotive manufacturer
- Advising on tax issues in connection with purchase of a Canadian nickel producer by one of the largest producers of nickel and palladium
- Advising on tax issues in connection with sale of shares in a Russian coal mining company
- Advising on tax issues of a landmark sale of office buildings in Moscow
- Advising on the global restructuring of the largest Russian consumer electronics retail chain
- Advice in connection with the global restructuring of an international mining group
- DL, International Law Institute, 2014
- DL (World Economics), St. Petersburg University of Economics and Finance, 1997
- Russia, 2014