Oleg Isaev is a partner in the Corporate practice and advises clients on a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions, focusing primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity and general corporate matters. He has had extensive experience in advising clients on oil and gas legislation, corporate financing transactions, antimonopoly and compliance issues. In addition, Oleg also advises clients on the placement of securities, financing, currency regulation and currency control issues, as well as various commercial contracts.
Prior to joining RGP Oleg was a counsel with Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, an associate with White & Case in Moscow and worked in the office of general counsel of a major Russian private equity house Baring Vostok Capital Partners.
Landmark engagement experience
- Advising an independent Russian oil and gas producer in connection with the establishment of an associated gas processing plant and the sale of corresponding carbon credits under the Kyoto Protocol
- Advising an independent Chinese investor seeking to invest in the production of electricity in the Far East region of Russia for subsequent export to China
Mergers and acquisitions
- Representing a major international oil and gas service company in the acquisition of a Russian subsidiary
- Representing shareholders of an independent Russian oil company in a joint venture with a strategic investor
- Advising a major international oil company on the entry into a joint venture with a Russian state-owned oil company to conduct operations in the Arctic
- Advising Finstar on the disposal of Rive Gauche
- Advising Finstar on the acquisition of a stake in a European pay-day loan business
- Representing a US-based investor in connection with the formation of a joint venture to operate a pay-day loan business in Russia and subsequently representing the existing shareholders of the joint venture in the sale of a 33% stake to a new strategic investor, investing both through debt and equity
- Representing a Russian real estate developer in the sale of a retail and office centre in St Petersburg to a strategic investor
- Advising a Russian investor on a joint venture with a Russian state-owned bank to acquire and operate a retail and office centre in Moscow
- Providing legal advice to the shareholders of a large Russian vodka producer in a structured sale of their majority equity stake to a major Western alcoholic beverage producer and the subsequent sale of the remaining minority stake
- Representing a UK-registered company with Russian gas assets in its admission to, and placement of its shares on, AIM of the London Stock Exchange
- Advising a major Russian electronics retail company on its preparation for an initial public offering of shares on the London Stock Exchange
- Advising a major Russian oil and gas company in connection with a Eurobond offering
- Counselling a Guernsey company with Russian gas assets in the process of its preparation for the placement of its shares
- Advising various investment funds investing in Russian assets in connection with the placement of their shares
- LLM, Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), 2006
- LLB, Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), 2004
- Russia, 2004
Recognitions & Awards
- The Best Lawyers 2017-2021 - ranked among top M&A lawyers in Russia.
- IFLR-1000 2021 - ranked as notable practitioner for M&A, Capital markets, Financial restructuring, Investment funds in Russia.